Sunday 9 January 2011

Title Ideas

Considering theories surrounding popular culture to what extent can Graphic Design exist outside of our western ideology?

I have always been interested in the continuous consumer cycle that surrounds our culture. I have recently been contending with the concept that Graphic design is itself flawed with this and only exists because our cultures ideology allows it to, anywhere else it is pointless and shallow.  When I travelled to india I loved the lack of effort that went into the signage on shops in the small towns or simply the packaging on products...if any at all.  I would love to prove myself wrong with this as I feel Design can be more than just a way to make something seem more attractive than it really is and communication through imagery has surrounded us for centuries.

No comments:

Post a Comment